This information will soon be updated within the offical FAQ/Guidelines. Many of you have asked for more information of expectations for theads and posts and general conduct.
This is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion
Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge, and interests through ongoing conversation.
Violating guidelines can result in your account being blocked or suspended at any time and without prior warning. The time frame for blocking or suspension of user accounts may vary depending on the severity of the violation. All decisions made by our Administrators, Moderators and GameSages are final.
Except for Spammers, we will make every effort to notify you if you are not following Guidelines. If you have a problem or a complaint, please message any staff rather than posting it in the public forum. They will quickly take the appropriate actions to resolve the issue in a private manner.
Improve the Discussion
Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Commercial and nonsensical spam will be removed immediately. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Please spend some time browsing the topics before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.
Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
- Ad hominem attacks: argument or reaction directed against a person in attempt to discredit their opinion.
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
- Knee-jerk contradiction.
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
Your Participation Counts
The conversations we have here set the tone for everyone. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum an interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not.
- We have zero tolerance for any form of abuse, harassment, insult, personal attacks, stereotyping or inflammatory posting targeted at members, GameSages, Administrators, Moderators, staff or any other person interacting on the forums.
- We will not tolerate offensive, sexual, racist, vulgar, illegal or discriminatory language and posts on the forums.
- Do not discuss disciplinary actions by staff publicly. This includes – but is not limited to – actions such as deletion of posts or threads, account blocking or suspension.
- We will also investigate any flag sent concerning abuse via private messages. You may not publicly post private messages in any form without written permission from the original sender.
Discourse provides tools that enable the community to collectively identify the best (and worst) contributions: favorites, bookmarks, likes, flags, replies, edits, and so forth. Use these tools to improve your own experience, and everyone else’s, too.
If You See a Problem, Flag It
Moderators and GameSages have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors doing clean up.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
- Do not abuse, spam or overuse the flag system and only report incidents or players that are truly violating Community Guidelines. Misuse of flags might result in your account being temporarily blocked.
Please note: This is a privately owned forum. In order to maintain our community, administrators, moderators and GameSages reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Always Be Civil
Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was read by your children or mothers.
To be clear, posts flaming or casting a negative image on broad or specific groups of people will not be tolerated. This includes – but is not limited to – the following:
- Malicious trolling
- Race, religion or sexual orientation/identity
- Geographical region or nationality
- GREE staff, Administrators, Moderators or GameSages
- Players of any particular game
- Spending or non-spending players, guild or server affiliation.
Keep It Tidy
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. Duplicate threads or posts will be deleted, moved or closed. So:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t derail or highjack a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
Post Only Your Own Stuff
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.
Powered by You
This site is operated by your friendly local staff, GameSages and you, the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the site feedback category and let's discuss! This category is for Discourse feedback. Go here for Game Related Feedback. Please use If there's a critical or urgent issue that can't be handled by a meta topic or flag, contact us via the staff page.
Terms of Service
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.