This idea came to my mind as I was using my low level accounts ( Thanks for the welcome back gifts )
My other account is level 60 on S1 and has no access to runes yet. It was surprisingly refreshing to play without runes and finding which heroes using without worry about movement speed and starting energy is really fun.
So here the idea
Randomly (or not, depending on the developpers) we could have all runes deactivated for one week for example exactly same duration as guild wars.
To recover runes at the end of the event, players should have to do some actions to reach a goal.
Example 1 : Goal of 1 billion gold.
- Each player could offer a chosen amount of gold.
- All gold given will be cumulated and if the total reaches the goal by the end the event, runes are available again.
- At the end of the event, the total amount of gold given will be shared equally between each player who has given gold.
- There will be rewards for players who gave the biggest amounts of gold, similar ranking as a contest
Example 2 : Give away some specific items
- same principle as the gold target but people should give a specific item such as scrap,scroll, items, enchanting stones,
- at the end of contest, all items given are redistributed equally between each player who has given item.
- if the goal is reached by the end of the event, runes are available again
- rewards for players who gave the highest number of items
It might be a bit strange for some people to give away something to not getting it back completely, but it would help lower level players to get gear or gold to upgrade heroes. It would also help higher levels to get gear a bit more easily.