It will be more grind for sure, but it's really more complex than just number of scraps per hero, so don't upset yourself too much
The best way you measure your grind on a chapter is how many stamina you are need to upgrade a hero on that rarity but there severals things to consider:
- Seems they've learned a lesson and there's no 1x drops for new items (those were the most atrocious times of orange 7&8 chapters). The worst feeling I had in this game is by spending 100 raids with 2xND to get lousy 50 scraps for one orange item and a bunch of trash I have already in thouthands.
- And then divide it by 2, because everyone is farming with 2xND now.
- There's also a lot interconnected scraps on cyan so upgrading first several heroes would take a lot longer than the rest( but if you only upgrade only some cpecific heroes type with same items, you will get harder times as long as you do).
- And then new mountain will be released aswell which would help to get some scraps - back in a days we had to wait at least a month for it.
- Also people become more wise stamina management and contest provides a lot of free stamina.
- Maybe something else.
But I have one big concern aswell: it seems there's no more farm spots along the way (with drops of x5 like it was for purple and several orange scraps) so I don't see how previous chapters will get easier as we progress deeper.
When cyan just hit, my reasonng was they would stop with matryoshkas so you have to farm every chapter to get items for that current rarity and no more, but cyan +3 confirmed it's not.
UPDATE: you know, I just looked into a gear craft and now I'm getting worried aswell: there's 100 scraps items with farm rate of 2x. that's essentially 50 with 1x.
I'll still wait to see how this will work in game, but that's really not positive.